Our Membership is categorized into Corporate Membership and Individual Membership
This is open to any Organization (Public or Private) that is working in, or associated with, the field of Waste Management. Such Organization shall at all times be represented by 2-7 nominees in the Society and must have one at least serving in a Technical Working Group or Administrative Committee.
These organizations maybe:
- Any organization that produces waste
- Any organization that manages waste
- Educational Establishments
- Waste management Consultants
- Local Authorities
- Waste equipment manufacturers/suppliers
- Waste collection or disposal companies
Individual Membership is sub divided into the following classes
This is a professional class for applicants that has:
- a first degree or its equivalent in Waste Management, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering or Pollution Control with a minimum of 2 years relevant continuous experience in Waste Management industry.
- a post graduate Degree in Waste Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Pollution Control or others as approved by the National Council and, has a minimum of 2 years relevant continuous experience in Waste Management industry.
- a degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 5 years continuous experience in Waste Management industry and has undergone a programme of structured training of the Society as determined by the National Council.
- an associate membership certificate of the Society with a 2-year minimum continuous experience in Waste Management and has undergone structured training as determined by the National Council or holds an alternative approved professional membership qualification.
This is a professional class open to:
- a graduate member of the Society of a minimum 2 years standing and has undergone structured training as determined by the National Council.
- professional member of any relevant professional body that has a minimum of 2 years relevant continuous experience in Waste Management industry.
This class of membership is open to anyone who holds a vocational Certificate or National Diploma and has a minimum of 3 years relevant continuous experience in Waste Management in addition to vocational structured training of the Society.
This is a non professional membership class of the Society open to:
- any person who is concerned with Waste Management and has a Degree (or its equivalent) in relevant discipline, but is not eligible for professional election.
- a student member upon graduation and obtaining an approved Degree (or its equivalent).
This is open to any person not less than 16 years of age who is undertaking a course of study relevant to Waste Management.
Honorary Fellowship of the Society:
This is awarded to persons who have rendered notable service to the Society or a person of distinction with a concern for the environment.
Fellow of the Society:
The is a prestigious membership class of the Society that only Chartered Members who has shown evidence of distinguished professional attainment in Waste Management are elected into by the National Council based on the recommendation of the College of Councilors.